In February 2012 I spotted a competition from Triton Showers on Facebook to win an electric shower. At this time we had our second bathroom unused, ready for renovation, so I decided to enter the competition.
On 20-02-2012 I received my first ever winning email Subject: YOU WON THE TRITON SHOWERS T80Z FF COMPETITION!
I was over a moon! This was so easy. 1 entry and boooom, I’ve won!
After this, I started to look around the internet for websites which would help me find some more competitions to enter.
Firstly I stumbled upon:
– Loquax, which I have used ever since, despite all the changes happening to the website
– The Prize Finder, which is one of my favorite “comping” websites around
– Money Saving Expert, which many people love but I personally cannot find my way around it
– Hot UK Deals – good for deals but I never took to using it for competitions
These were my main sources for new competitions.
A few months later, after it all started, one of my Laquax friends advised me to be more active on the forum in order to “see” all the content, which was out there. I took this advice seriously and after a few days I had a whole new “magic tab” to look at, with mainly email or magazine competitions – it was like a Christmas morning.
Sometime during the course of the year I discovered Twitter and with this discovery a few extra sources of daily excitement:
Now I was really hooked. Best hobby ever! You can meet some very nice people and get tons of free stuff. I loved it and still do!
As 2012 was my first ever (not even full) year of comping I have nothing else to compare it to. In my eyes – prize wise – it was a fantastic year.
Winning highlights of 2012:
– Triton Shower, as this win started my comping journey
– An actual “ton” of fitness water from Bio-Synergy – there were some problems with this one and Best Before Dates and in the end I settled on pallet of orange skinny water, which I still drink
– A TomTom on Twitter from TomTom
– Philips hand blender which was a first prize in recipe competition on Philips Facebook page
– Olympic tickets from Samsung Twitter promotion
– Sony Xperia T, also from Twitter
I can only wish that 2013 will be as good to me – competition wise – as 2012.
If you think that you have some time to take up this fantastic hobby, why not give it a try… but beware IT IS VERY ADDICTIVE.
Few things to remember while starting up:
– Do not cheat, no one likes a cheater and if your caught your standing in comping community will be burnt, finished, over!
– Enter competitions you feel comfortable with – if you do not like Facebook, skip this one.
– Enter for things you need or want – there is always MORE competitions out there than free time to enter them all
– Enter for items you would use – do not enter for gig tickets in London if you live in Scotland and have no intention of coming down
– Always read the Terms and Conditions
Have fun and Good Luck! May the wins be with You!!!
Unless I have entered the competition in which case I hope you get the 2nd prize >;o)