The sun is out and the car boot season seems to be in full bloom. I totally adore this time of the year. I love car boot sales, both as a seller and buyer, of course when I do them as a seller I am not able to check out what others have to offer so I suffer a bit…
Today I decided to take a walk and check out my local boot sale. No car so no big shopping, this was my thinking … how wrong was I?
I ended up “crawling” back with my 2 huge new pictures making my hands and arms dead every few minutes, but hey… I made it back home
So what did I buy?
– 2 lovely pictures of wine bottles, which will be perfect for the kitchen / diner – £2 for both + I had a blue tie for free, which we used to tie both pictures into 1 package, so I can carry them
– 4 books at a total cost of £1.20
- Kids Can Cook by Judy Williams
- Cookbook for Boys from Usborne
- Drawing Scenery by Giovanni Civardi
- Draw 50 Horses by Lee J. Ames
– 3 notebooks which are so cute I just couldn’t resist – £2 for all three
– Tracksuit pants for myself; this was a lovely find as they are new with tags and RRP £22 – £1
– Hooded fleece for myself, which will be perfect for dog walking – £1
– Weird flat frying pan, I was thinking it can be good for papadums if I can revive it – 20p
All these goodies cost me £7.40, which is less than RRP of one book (RRP of Drawing Scenery by Giovanni Civardi is £8.99). So how NOT to love car boot sales 🙂
Tomorrow is a Bank Holiday Monday so yet another chance to pick up some treasure.