Yesterday I had the privilege of being the host of a new Come Round and Philips party.
The theme was:
Our awesome party pack contained:
- Philips PerfectCare Azur Steam Iron
- Philips Ironing Board
- 10 x glitter nail varnish
- 10 x emery boards
- 10 x manicure set
- 5 x shoe shine kits
- 12 x montagne Jeunesse Face masks
- 10 x party balloons
- An A4 Party Planner
- A Philips PerfectCare A1 Poster
- Information pack about the iron
Our party theme was supposed to be about getting “party ready” with the added stress free thought that no matter what happens you not going to burn your little black number with the iron. However we changed the theme a bit and made it into a “Get Life-Skills Ready”, why? You may ask, well let me explain. I invited some friends who have teenagers, who themselves are just starting out on their journey into the joys of house work, including the obligatory ironing. The boys all attend the Army Cadets and they have to iron their own uniforms, and they have to iron them perfectly otherwise they get into trouble. No one enjoys a Drill Sergeant 2” from your nose yelling at you that your ironing skills are less than useless. I wanted to show them that ironing could be fun and it doesn’t have to be hard work.
They tried the new Azur Steam Iron and all of them admitted to the fact that it is so much easier than the irons they used normally. The one thing that they all liked, above all else was that there was no need for fiddling with any settings… you just turn it on, wait for the flashing light to go stop flashing and you are ready to iron anything you want…
One of the party challenges was a Balloon Challenge. The instructions were simple:
1. Take one of the balloons from the party pack and blow it up while waiting for the iron to heat up (do not over-inflate the balloon)
2. Test how safe and gentle the PerfectCare Azur is, even on a delicate balloon surface. Place the balloon on the ironing board and put the PerfectCare Azur on top of the balloon. Let go of the balloon and apply steam! For safety reasons do not try this with any other iron and do not point the iron towards yourself or any of your guests as the steam will be hot! Do not touch the hot soleplate.
And this is how we did it:
Our balloon lasted much longer than we expected! Amazing!
Our party was a success. We all learnt something new. Thank you Philips and thank you Come Round!
And I have something for you too. If you fancy getting yourself a new Philips PerfectCare Azur Iron follow this link and you can get it with 50% or 53% discount, depending on which model you choose. This special offer is valid until 29th December 2013. Sounds like a Xmas present possibility for someone…
Once I have had more time with both my new iron and the ironing board I will share my thoughts and experiences with you, as so far I haven’t had a lot of time to get to know them yet. 🙂