I am a BzzAgent and recently I was invited to take part in the Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll-On Kit campaign. I am not a big fan of waxing due to the pain but I decided to give it a go.
Thinking of home waxing, I always imagine a big mess. Melting the wax, which stays everywhere, except the place you really want it to stick, tons of strips flying around and a pile of wipes to clean afterwards. I really hoped that the new Veet kit could provide something different.
My Bzz kit arrived promptly. I received a Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll-On Kit and an Easy Wax Electric Roll-On Refill.
So what you get inside the Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll-On Kit?
- The self-heating unit heats the wax to the right temperature.
- The roll-on applicator ensures clean and even thin layers of wax for total coverage Veet Easy Wax™ Electrical Roll-On Kit contains.
- A self-heating device and its cap.
- A 50ml roll-on wax refill, specially designed for use on legs & arms.
- 12 non-woven strips.
- 4 post depilatory wipes.
- A base to hold the device.
- An electrical cable.
- An instruction leaflet.
I wasn’t feeling very comfortable with the device… it looked a bit scary to me but I am sure it is simply due to the fact that I am afraid of pain. It was time to start my journey with Veet Wax Electrical Roll-On. I followed the 7 easy steps on how to use it.
1. Insert the Veet wax refill into the device, ensuring that it is fully inserted.
This one is very important! If you don’t put the wax in, there is nothing to heat up. If you don’t insert it fully it is not going to work as it should. So before you go off for 20 minutes please make sure that all is placed neatly in order to heat up correctly.
2. Plug the electrical cable into the device and into the socket. The red light turns on to confirm the device is heating. Place the plugged device on its base and leave it connected for 20min. After 20min the wax is ready for application. Start to apply the wax to a small area first, to check that the wax applies easily. If the wax does not easily roll onto the skin, let the device warm the wax for at least an additional 5min. The wax is ready when it glides out of the roller easily and applies evenly to the skin. Do not allow the wax to come into contact with water as it would become ineffective.
The instructions said 20 min, but it took over 30 minutes in my case for the wax to get up to the desired temperature.
3. Apply the wax in the direction of hair growth (from knee to ankle for legs). Check that the slanted side of the roller head is in contact with the skin during application to allow the roller to glide over the skin.
This part sounds really easy. I was a little unsure about how hot the wax will be and if I am not going to “hurt” myself with it. To my surprise the temperature was perfect. It was hot enough to melt the wax but not too hot to hurt my skin. While applying the wax onto your skin you can definitely feel warmth and it is quite pleasant. The roller works fantastically making the wax application a really easy task. The roller rolled easily over my skin and left a nice even layer of wax in its trail.
4. Immediately place the strip over the layer of wax, ensuring that there is at least 1cm at the bottom which is wax free. Rub the strip repeatedly over the wax in the direction of hair growth.
Placing a strip wasn’t a problem… it was the next task I was worrying about.
5. Hold your skin taut to avoid discomfort. Holding the bottom of the strip, very quickly and in one swift motion, pull the strip back on itself against the direction your hair grows (from ankle to knee for legs) keeping the strip as close to the skin as possible. The faster you remove the strip the more effective it will be.
Yes, point 5 of the 7 step instructions brought the most fear into my eyes. It really wasn’t such a big deal to heat up the wax or even put it on my legs… it wasn’t such a big deal to place a strip over my waxed leg but now… now I had to rip it off. Here it comes… moment of truth. To be honest it wasn’t so bad, yes there was a little pain but nowhere close to the pain level I expected. First strip done… it was time to work on the rest of my leg.
6. When you have finished waxing, remove any wax residues from your skin with a perfect finish wipe (you can alternatively use the back of a used strip). THIS WAX CANNOT BE RINSED OFF WITH WATER.
I was thinking that this will be a messy task, but it wasn’t. There was only a little bit of wax left on my leg, which cleaned very easily with the wipes provided inside the kit.
7. Unplug the device. After use the refill will be hot – Allow it to cool down before removing the refill from the device. If necessary, you can clean the roller head using the back of a used strip. Never use water, the Veet Finish Wipes or any other liquid to clean the device & roller head. Replace the cap on the roll-on and store. Always store in a dry location. Do not wrap the power lead around the appliance, pull or twist the power lead.
Discover Veet EasyWax™ Electrical Roll-On – an innovative self-heating wax system with a roll-on applicator for salon wax results at home.
Formulated with the same ingredients as the waxes used in waxing salons, Veet wax removes hair from the root at first application, and is effective on hair as short as 2mm. It is specially formulated with natural beeswax for all skin types including sensitive. Skin remains impeccably smooth for up to 4 weeks!
This is what Veet claims about the Easy Wax Electrical Roll-On Kit. Do I agree with them? The answer is… mostly yes.
Yes, Easy Wax Electrical Roll-On Kit is a great system.
Yes, it is easy to use and once you try it and know what to expect, you will love it.
Yes, it removes hairs from the root, and yes, it works on short hairs as well.
Yes, I do believe it is suitable for sensitive skin and the pain level isn’t so bad… but
It doesn’t last nowhere near to 4 weeks. I know that this statement is for up to 4 weeks but to give you my honest opinion I would have to half this period. But hey… 2 weeks with hair free legs sounds good to me.
Veet Easy Wax Electrical Roll-On Kit has a RRP of £29.99. Currently it is on special Half Price offer in both Superdrug and Boots.
To make the price even lower there is a special discount code you can use to get 50% off if bought from Amazon.co.uk. Code EASYWAX4 can be entered on Amazon.co.uk only. Please ensure that you buy directly from Amazon. This code will not work with other listings.
* Product was provided by Veet via BzzAgent free of charge for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own .