I was a lucky BzzAgent and received an invite to take part in the Tesco Entertaining Cheese campaign.
I personally have no big appreciation for cheese, for me cheese is just cheese, but Mark knows and loves them all. He can taste every difference and he knows exactly what a good cheese is supposed to taste like.
I was wondering how the pair of us, with such different opinions and feelings regarding cheese, would like the new range. There is a good selection of cheeses in the Tesco Entertaining Cheese Range so my choice wasn’t easy. Finally I decided on:
Ricotta Cheese with Roasted Garlic and Herbs,
which I’m afraid, was actually eaten before I could even take a picture of it
If you are wondering what other cheese you can get from this range, wonder no more… here is a list of what is available for this moment
- Goat’s Cheese with Flame Roasted Red Pepper Dressing
- Italian Mozzarella with Green Pesto Dressing
- Feta Cheese with Semidried Tomato and Kalamata Olives
- Ricotta Cheese with Roasted Garlic and Herbs
- Mexican-Style Monterey Jack
- Halloumi Slices in Sweet Chilli Dressing
- Goat’s Cheese & Caramelised Onion Canapés Kit
- Feta Cheese in a Tomato & Red Pepper Chutney
- Halloumi Cheese, Green Olives & Semidried Tomato Skewers
- Cheddar Cheese Soufflé
- Goat’s Cheese Wrapped in Bacon
- Baking Camembert with a Sweet Chilli Glaze
- Baking Camembert with a Caramelised Onion Glaze
We tried 4 products from Tesco Entertaining Cheese Range and we would buy all 4 of them again. They look and taste good and we think they are well priced (£1.50-£3.50)
Mark especially liked the Cheddar Cheese Soufflés made with mature Cheddar cheese. These soufflés are very easy to prepare and they will for sure satisfy your craving for something cheesy. They are just the right size… not “two spoonfuls an gone” small and not so big that you can’t finish… just perfect. And after you ate your soufflé, you will be left with a small ramekin glass dish which can be re-used in 100’s of different ways. Mark thought that Tesco Cheddar Cheese Soufflés taste really cheesy with a good twang, just like a good mature cheese should.
My personal favourite were the Goats’ Cheese Parcels wrapped in smoked bacon…oh my yummy. They are perfect as a starter before a big meal as they are light or just on their own as a nice snack, be warned though they are extremely moreish…
If you have 5 minutes to spare then you have time to prepare them.
If you ever feel a cheese craving and your local Tesco store is close by, try their new Tesco Entertaining Cheese Range. Unfortunately for this moment this range is not available online, but maybe this will change soon.
* Product was provided by Tesco via BzzAgent free of charge for review purposes. The opinions expressed in this review are honest and my own .
- Tesco Entertaining Cheeses – too good to share (auntieplantie.wordpress.com)