Salmon is one of my favourite fishes. I like it smoked, fried, poached, on its own or as a part of a more complicated dish. Salmon taste great, it is very easy to prepare and quick to cook and I still cannot get over the fact that in this day and age it is cheaper than cod to buy.
If you are handy in the kitchen you can have a home cook, delicious dinner ready in under 30 minutes (+ a little extra time needed by your oven to get up to the desired temperature of 200 degrees).
So what is needed in order to make oven poached salmon in white wine?
- A piece of Salmon big enough to give 2 steaks per person
- 200ml of white wine, the rest can be drink with your dinner 🙂 or in Marks case by the chef
- Lemon, juiced, no pips required
- 2tbs of olive oil
- Fresh sprig of rosemary
Peel a couple of potatoes whilst your oven is heating up and your fryer, cut into micro fries and cook whilst fish is in the oven for posh fish and chips.
Go healthy and whilst your fish is cooking make a bed of lettuce on your plate with some other seasonal salad foods of your choosing. Tomatoes go well as do mushrooms.
Ultra lazy home cooks can just bang a bag of Uncle Bens 2 minute packets of rice in the microwave to have fish and rice, Mark says to add a good shake of pepper sauce to this version for a Caribbean twist.
- White Wine Salmon for 6…mmmm (homestayinla.wordpress.com)
- Second Course: Salmon….skin on please. (eatingwithkingsley.wordpress.com)
- Baked Salmon with Mango and Raspberry Salsa (annascuisine.wordpress.com)
- Poached Salmon with Quinoa and Brown Rice (annascuisine.wordpress.com)
- Oven Roasted Salmon with Asparagus (ruthyskitchen.wordpress.com)