Winter, at least on this part of the globe, means low temperatures, which leads to the heating blasting most of the time in our houses, which invariably dries out the air in the room. Dry, stuffy rooms aren’t sleep friendly, especially for fussy kids, who struggle with bed time anyways. But, there is a solution – a humidifier, a device which will keep the atmosphere in a room moist and thus in turn sleep friendly.
We were sent a SweetDreams cool mist humidifier with projector by Vicks so we can test and see if it will makes a difference.
Well, it did!
Leo’s room isn’t the biggest in the world and there is a radiator close to his cot. Despite turning the heating down during the evenings and night hours, the room still gets hot and stuffy. A humidifier really helps to clear the air and make it breathable again, providing a much better sleeping environment.
But this isn’t all.
The humidifier comes with a projector, which projects 3 different themes of three slides each. It might not sounds like a lot but trust me for a toddler this is plenty… he simply gets fixated on the pictures and just dozes off to sleep. And to make things even better each theme has its own bedtime story 🙂
So, how to get a good night’s sleep in winter?
- Stick to a bedtime routine.
- Air the room well before bedtime but do not make it too cold.
- Turn the heating down or at least turn the radiator in the room down a bit.
- Turn on the humidifier and let it work its magic.
- If you have a wonderful projector like us, turn it on.
- Read a bedtime story and watch your toddler falling to sleep blissfully.
- Enjoy your evening 😉
Any tips to add?
Do you find that winter times are harder when it comes to getting a good night’s sleep?