We all have different preferences and likings but trust me when I tell you those spicy chilli tuna bites and Alhambra Reserva 1925 make the perfect combo… if you like beer… chilli and tuna I suppose 🙂
I was asked by Alhambra to create a tapas which would complement their Alhambra Reserva 1925 beer. The beer is smooth, buttery a little sweet and moderately bitter so I decided to go spicy.
I’ve remade our everyday tuna burgers into Chilli Tuna Bites… OMG delicious…
- 2 cans of tuna in sunflower oil
- 75g breadcrumbs (homemade would be ideal)
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of garlic; crushed
1tsp chilli flakes (can add more depending on your taste)
- 1tsp black pepper; freshly grounded
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Roasted red peppers for garnish (optional)
Wash and spin dry your coriander.
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients including the oil from the tuna.
Use a fork to gently mash the tuna; then mix everything until well combined and you have relatively smooth paste.
Form small balls and then squash them a little forming tiny burger like shapes. You should be able to make 16 bites from your mixture.
Preheat a heavy bottomed frying pan and fry each bite 2-3 minutes on each site or until crisped and browned.
Serve with small strips of red pepper on top as it really complements the flavour.
So, what do you think about my tapas idea?
Do you think it would or does go well together or maybe you would recommend a different pairing?
Tell me what would be your perfect tapas pairing with an Alhambra Reserva 1925 and you could win an Alhambra Reserva 1925 gift box.
1. Open to UK 18+ readers only. Proof of age might be required.
2. This giveaway is sponsored by Alhambra.
3. There will be 1 winner chosen by Alhambra from all valid entries.
4. The winner will receive one Alhambra Reserva 1925 gift box. The prize will only be fulfilled by Alhambra.
5. The winners will have 7 working days to claim the prize, after this time, a new winner will be selected.
6. Closing date for the giveaway is Sunday 18/10/2015 at 23:59pm.